SRL has provided legal advisory services on major government privatisation projects. These projects involve important areas of Malaysian economic activity, including rail and road infrastructure, telecommunications, public utilities, power, transport and medical services. Aspects of the projects handled range from the drafting of legislation to the preparation and negotiation of concession agreements and advice on submissions to authorities for relevant licences and negotiations of licences.
Privatisation projects handled by the firm include:
- concessions for highway construction and operations;
- fixed line, mobile and satellite telecommunications network in Malaysia;
- the privatisation of the Light Rail Transit System 2 in Kuala Lumpur;
- combined cycle Independent Power Plant in Sabah;
- proposed privatisation of the rail network in Malaysia;
- privatisation of an integrated road, rail and light rail transport
- system in Malaysia’s new Federal Administrative Capital, Putrajaya;
- the privatisation of hospital support services for government managed hospitals in Malaysia;
- the privatisation of the sale and distribution of pharmaceutical drugs in Malaysia;
- the privatisation of the treatment and disposal of solid waste; and
- the privatisation of the supply, treatment and distribution of water in the Malaysia states of Selangor, Negeri Sembilan and Kedah.
By creating an account you will be able to shop faster, be up to date on an order's status, and keep track of the orders you have previously made.
I am a returning customer