The firm undertakes all types of civil, commercial and corporate litigation as well as arbitration and has been involved in several high profile cases involving both local and international institutions.
The matters handled include:
- Administrative and constitutional matters involving municipal authorities, State Governments and statutory bodies;
- Banking law - the firm does substantial work for financial institutions including debt recovery, foreclosure, receivership and debt restructuring;
- Corporate law the firm handles matters involving shareholders actions, insolvency, rescue schemes of distressed listed companies, schemes of arrangment, capital reductions and injunctions;
- Defamation the firm acts for a number of leading publishers in relation to its defamation suits;
- Insurance - the firm acts in relation to professional indemnity claims for directors in public listed companies, insurance fraud claims, offshore reinsurance claims and medical insurance claims for the National Insurance Association of Malaysia;
- Arbitration - the firm has been involved in arbitration proceedings relating to the construction industry;
- Employment law the firm regularly represents large corporations in industrial actions and trade union disputes and corporate reorganisation exercises.